Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pune-based artist Madhuri Bhaduri

Romancing art
Pune-based artist Madhuri Bhaduri celebrates the silver jubilee of her career in art with a solo show

She calls art an expression of oneself. "My abstracts are what I am," asserts artist Madhuri Bhaduri. "Abstracts are about the person you are. They help you understand and work out the complexity of your own emotions. As I explored the expression I came to love the process of painting abstracts," she adds. Her works have been exhibited in solo and group shows in both India and abroad. Besides painting, Madhuri also vests interest in sports like badminton.

Her latest series of works, 'Reverie', will be inaugurated by singer Asha Bhosle. The works recall images of places visited by the artists in abstract forms, a rich colour palette and in haunting open vistas. "I have created a story on each canvas, starting by visualising a place, recalling a memory, and allowed the flow to take me forward and be part of the sequential forms and layering that go on to emerge. I find myself using multiple colours on some canvases, with one colour being predominant. I also find beauty in colour palettes like black and gold that recall the mystery of the sea by night," she explains.

Madhuri is also an avid traveller and much of her work is inspired by travelling itself. "From museums like the Paul Klee Museum in Bern and the many beautiful places I have visited in Benares, the Konkan Coast, Ladakh, Croatia, Petra, Guilin in China and Istanbul, among others. I bring back memories, the romance, visual impressions and images of colour of a place, and recreate them on canvas," Madhuri explains.

"As the frills of life decrease so do the frills of art diminish. I can feel that I have reached where I needed to reach. It is just me, canvas, paint and the essence of my emotion. Painting is now like meditation," Madhuri says about her love for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive