Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kamothe man Bhandari is passionate about poetry since he was 9

Kamothe man is passionate about poetry since he was 9

Bhandari began writing in earnest 2006, and his book got published in 2009. You can check it out online at recycle4joy.com as well. The book is a collection of 62 poems

33-year-old Bhandari got the Chandradev Sharma award for 1999-2000 from the Rajasthan Sahitya Academy Considering that this was the first book he has written, Bhandari did not expect it to get selected Apart from writing poems, Bhandari is into yoga and participates in social service camps teaching acupressure to people

Kamothe resident Pramod Bhandari's first poem got published when he was 9. This gave him oodles of confidence and encouraged him to focus on writing. However, his biggest breakthrough came in March this year, when his first poetry book 'Ujale Ke Ankur' got the Shabda Vibhushan National Award. Bhandari's book was chosen for the award from among 150 other books at an event organised by Shabda Pravah Sahitya Manch at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh.
Bhandari began writing in earnest 2006, and his book got published in 2009. You can check it out online at recycle4joy.com as well. The book is a collection of 62 poems divided into seven sections. Each section has poems on subjects like love, motivation, relationships, nature, values and tragedies.
Talking about his love for poetry, Bhandari said, "I come from a small town called Deogarh in Rajasthan. There was no television during my childhood so we used to read books at the public library in our spare time. Eventually I took a great liking towards hindi poetry. I started participating in a number of competitions in school and college as well. I wrote my first poem at 9 when I was just in class IV. My teachers appreciated it a lot and I started sending poems to local newspapers. I went to Udaipur for higher studies and participated in poetry programmes there as well. Soon, my poems started getting broadcast on All India Radio in Udaipur and I began to fall more and more in love with poetry."
Bhandari, 33, got the Chandradev Sharma award for 1999-2000 from the Rajasthan Sahitya Academy. Considering that this was the first book he has written, Bhandari did not expect it to get selected. "It was a great feeling to be selected from among 150 books and compete with prominent writers across India. I dedicate this award to my parents, my hometown Deogarh, the beauty of Mother Nature and struggle of common man which inspires me to write something through which I can touch the heart of every person," adds Bhandari.
Apart from writing poems, Bhandari is into yoga and participates in social service camps teaching acupressure to people. His wife Rekha encourages his passion for poetry and supports his passion. His 5-year-old daughter, Bhoomi, also inspires him to write better.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive