Thursday, November 15, 2012

A reward of Rs5 lakh for whoever returns their baby

Man’s search for stolen baby boy on

Devdas Naik, whose day-old baby boy was stolen from BJ Wadia Hospital three weeks ago, is pulling out all the stops to ensure that his child is found. Along with his brother-in-law, Naik has been putting up pamphlets with information about the baby across the city — at railway stations, slums and places of worship.
On Sunday, Naik printed out 12,000 pamphlets, and in the last three days, he has put up over 5,000 of these, and will put up the remaining at all city railway stations.
“I have already covered most of the western line stations. I didn't have much help, as everyone was busy celebrating Diwali,” says Naik.
The family has announced a reward of Rs5 lakh for whoever returns their baby. However, Naik hasn't received any calls so far.
“The police are doing their job, but I feel that it is my responsibility also. I will continue my search till I get my baby back,” Naik adds.
On October 24, the Naiks' baby, which was lying unattended in the maternity ward of the hospital, was stolen by an unidentified woman. His wife, Jasmine, is still in the hospital.
“I used to work for a private courier company in Dubai as a driver. I came down to Mumbai for the baby's delivery. But after this incident, I have decided not to go back to Dubai. I have to look after my wife's health,” he adds.
The Naik family doesn't know the current status of the police investigation. “I am hopeful that I will get my baby back sooner or later,” Naik says.
Anybody with information about the baby should contact Devdas Naik on 09594564859 or Abhishek Mahapankar on 09892540190/09821354954.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive