Saturday, July 2, 2011

Actor Akshay Kumar reacts for bad habits





 
Staying away from alcohol is not a sacrifice
Actor Akshay Kumar reacts to state's decision to increase drinking age limit to 25

Last April, actor Akshay Kumar refused a lucrative contract with a gutka company saying he did not want to send a wrong message to the youth. The actor, who has endorsed cigarettes and alcohol brands in the past, claims to be a changed man now.
"I am the father of an impressionable young boy who watches TV. I can understand if parents get upset on seeing a celebrity promoting harmful products like alcohol or tobacco," Kumar told DNA.
The Bollywood actor, who is an exponent of martial arts and known for his fitness, does not smoke, stays away from alcohol and is known to lead a healthy lifestyle. "I don't touch cigarettes or liquor. I go to the gym regularly and run in the mornings. I have sustained this regime for the last 22 years. I guess that says a lot about the benefits of staying away from vices like alcohol and tobacco," the actor proudly exclaims.
A few years ago, the Kumar was named the youth role model by The World Alliance for Youth Empowerment, an NGO that has its presence in more than 100 countries.
"I believe that film stars should use their mass appeal for a good cause. If my lifestyle inspires even a handful of people, I will feel happy that I've been part of a good cause," Kumar, regarded as one of the most bankable stars in Bollywood, said, adding that he realises it is a huge responsibility to be a role model. "I do my best to not let people down," the actor said.
Kumar pointed out that looks are important since he belongs to the entertainment world. "Being a teetotaller has helped me remain fit and keep looking good. I don't feel that I am making a great sacrifice by giving up alcohol or tobacco," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive