Friday, August 26, 2011

Car Queries

I own a Maruti Suzuki Swift (VXI), which
gives me 10 kmpl. I have done 21,000 kms
since September 2009. With petrol too expensive,
a friend suggested that I sell it and buy a Swift diesel
instead. Another asked me to install a CNG kit instead. Can
you advise the best path for me?

If you drive your car occasionally, replacing it with a diesel
variant won’t make much sense financially. First, try and get
your car serviced if you feel the mileage isn’t normal. You can
try to modify your driving style to get better numbers. A CNG
kit makes sense only as the last resort.

I am planning to buy a diesel car in the `8-10 lakh range.
My daily usage is 45-50 kms. I am looking for fuel economy,
legroom and good features. Which car should I buy?
Also, I want to know what is cruise control.

With your budget, the Verna is your best bet. Get the highest
trim level diesel model that your budget will allow, and you
will be happy. Cruise control is a feature that keeps a vehicle’s
speed constant on long stretches of highway. You don’t have
to keep adjusting the accelerator. This reduces driver fatigue
and helps economise fuel usage.

I am planning to buy a car, preferably a new one. My daily
running is around 60-70 kms. It should be easy on my
pocket (initial investment and monthly expense), with a
good service network. Please suggest me a good car. My
budget is around `5-5.5 lakh.

The new diesel Swift will suit your requirements perfectly.
It’s a great car, the engine is a proven, reliable unit. What’s more,
Maruti’s service network is unmatched in India.

I am planning to buy my first car and my budget is `6.5
lakh. My primary requirement is a family car (for 5 people
at least). My driving will be occasional. Should I go for a
diesel or petrol car? I am interested in the new Swift diesel.

The new Swift petrol or the cut-price Jazz (see the review
alongside) should be your choice. Since your driving is occasional,
we recommend the petrol model.


I am looking to buy a small car. Which is the best in terms
of price, including recurring expenses, mileage, space and
handling among Santro, Wagon R or Nissan Micra? Or, if I
increase my budget, which of the following — Ford Figo,
Fabia or Maruti Swift - would be the choice?

The Santro is the oldest but still
quite competent, but the Wagon R
and Micra are much newer designs.
The Micra edges ahead with a lot of
features standard and recurring expenses
won’t be high either. If you
were to increase your budget, however,
take a good hard look at the
new Swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive