Thursday, September 8, 2011

Online shopping a hit among city residents: Be it books, bags or accessories there has been a rise in the number of people buying things online

Online shopping a hit among city residents

Be it books, bags or accessories there has been a rise in the number of people buying things online

Shopping for things online has become a trend of late. Be it books, bags, accessories or clothing, there has been a rise in the number of people who chose to buy a lot of things from different shopping websites. Besides, the number of such websites has also increased in the past few years which clearly shows that people have taken into shopping online in a big way.
While some people prefer purchasing things from one website itself, others shuffle between different ones. Thee reason for this being that while they feel one website might be good for books, another has great clothing and accessories to offer. Sanpada resident Sharad Kanga had brought three psychological books from a particular website. He was so happy with the websites facility that he is still a loyal customer of the website. "I got into the habit of buying books online because of my boss. He had asked me to search for a particular book on costing a while ago and I was just not able to find it. Despite trying for it at many book stores, I was not able to get my hands on it. My boss then asked me to try for the books online and that's when I came across a website that sells books on various subjects," says Sharad.
He adds, "I immediately ordered and got the books within a few days time. I was very happy with the service as well. Once you send the cheque and even after it getting cleared they immediately inform you." He says that while Indian books come within a fortnight, books from abroad take a little longer. Many people say that these online shopping websites are even seen to be offering huge discounts and that is what attracts customers too. "I recently purchased a Kodak C143 camera online from a particular website and was happy to have got a huge discount on it. I got the camera at a 30% discount, besides I purchased two converse wrist watches as well. I was happy with the service and the best part is that the company allows you to pay cash on delivery so you do not need to bother about losing your money too just in case the product does not come," says Belapur resident Jayakar Ellis.
Ellis says that although one of the watches he brought was defective, the company replaced it and gave him a new one within 72 hours. Many websites are seen to offer a lot of varieties as far as accessories are concerned. Besides, they allow you to zoom and see each part of the jewellery before placing an order. "I was going to Goa for a marriage and was looking at buying a pair of earrings which would match by dress. For some reason I was not satisfied with whatever the stores in the city were offering me. I finally decided to check for earrings online and came across a really pretty and stylish pair just matching to my dress. I immediately placed an order for it and they delivered it to me within a fortnight," Koparkhairane resident Mona Jose said.
With websites offering people everything from electronic gadgets to books and make-up kits to footwear, there is a certain section who is no longer feeling the need to go outdoor to shop for anything!

1 comment:

  1. U have said it absoultely about onlibe shopping these days. It has become the best business opportunity for small scale business even.
    Create an Online Shop

    ReplyDelete


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive