Monday, September 5, 2011

'I owe a lot to Farah' … says actor Hrithik Roshan, paying a tribute to choreographer-turned-filmmaker on Teachers' Day today

'I owe a lot to Farah'

… says actor Hrithik Roshan, paying a tribute to choreographer-turned-filmmaker on Teachers' Day today


Actor Hrithik Roshan still remembers the first dance steps that filmmaker Farah Khan taught him when she was a choreographer. It was for the song Ek pal ka jeena in his debut film Kaho Naa Pyar Hai. He was nervous, apprehensive and tensed.
"Back then (11 years ago) I was just following what Farah was saying. But I still remember how she treated me…like her own family. She held my hand and guided me through every step. I owe a lot to her. She's the one who gave me my first dance step in Bollywood. I recently gifted her a small Ganpati idol which she proudly showed to everybody on the show," laughs Hrithik, who emerged a dancing star post his debut film.
Hrithik admits that the bond that he forged that day with Farah is intact. "We are both just a call away. I know if I need any help, she'll always be there for me. And it's the same with me too," he says.
Tell Hrithik that it's a little hard to believe that he ever needed a teacher for dance, and he says, "You need direction. You need to know whether you are doing the right thing or not, whether you are going in the right direction. That is when the teacher comes in. It doesn't matter whether you have the talent, a good teacher makes all the difference. I am fortunate to have had good teachers all my life."
So, how good a teacher is Hrithik to his kids? "Well I am patient and I do sit sometimes with my kids to help them do home work. I am also very strict about fitness with the kids, but having said that, I like to spoil them too. They (his two sons) are quite big now. When they are running around and darting like little rockets, you need to be quite fit to keep pace with them," he laughs.
Farah Khan


What is that one thing he still wants to learn? "Life is a learning process. We are learning everyday. The day I stop learning, I don't grow as a person anymore," says Hrithik.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive