Sunday, July 22, 2012

‘I WORK AND PLAY EQUALLY’

Says the most famous Indian alive today. Post his surgery, in an exclusive interview, Amitabh Bachchan tells Afsana Ahmed that all is well with him

His abdominal surgery took place in February. Since then, numerous reports about his frail physical condition have surfaced, making Amitabh Bachchan’s health a talking point all across; so much so that filmmakers, who have projects lined-up with him, also began worrying. The veteran’s silence on the subject only aggravated the situation and subsequent speculation. So about a month ago, we contacted him for an interview, which was immediately confirmed. But plans kept changing. “No interviews now,” we were told for some time.
However, on Friday, a day after Rajesh Khanna was cremated, Bachchan sprang a surprise. The email interview had finally arrived. Unfortunately, due to the recent tragedy, queries related to Kaka had to be dropped. The Phenomenon’s death has been a blow for the industry; especially friends like Bachchan. Nonetheless, Big B, who is going to be back in action with Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) this September, tells us all in an exclusive interview. There has been a lot of speculation about your health. Some reports claim that you didn’t take up films that require extensive dates due to your condition. How are you now? I am well. I had kept time free for my surgeries and shall start work on the films soon. First, would be KBC, of course. Do you feel you need to slow down a bit now? That is a relative term. What is slow to others may not apply to me, and vice versa. If I am able to do what is asked of me, and I feel I can do it (then) I shall do it. People say you only know one way of life — that is to work! Do you agree? Disagree! I work and play equally! Your international debut could have been far bigger than The Great Gatsby. Are you happy with it? Do you regret not making your Hollywood debut with other offers long ago? Firstly, I do not consider myself Hollywood material. My participation in The Great Gatsby is a friendly gesture for (director) Baz Luhrmann — it’s less than a blink-and-miss appearance.
I have done it (for) free; without any remuneration. I have no regrets about not working in Hollywood earlier. If there is an opportunity in the future, and I feel comfortable taking it up, then I shall consider it of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive