Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cheteshwar Pujara interview

Cheteshwar Pujara

Cricketers you look up to.
 
biggest fantasies 
Driving a racing car at 200 or 400 mph Hitting six sixers in one over My idols have been Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly. I happened to share the dressing room with the legendary Ricky Ponting during the IPL. Punter (Ponting) likes to help young cricketers. We spoke about how to cut and pull, and he gave me tips on how to play on Australian wickets.

How do you feel about being compared to Rahul Dravid?
It is a big, big compliment. Dravid has scored more than 10,000 runs in both One Day and Test formats.

If you weren’t a cricket player, what would you would have been?
A businessman. Being a Gujarati, I like to think entrepreneurship runs in my blood. Also, I’m pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.

What was it like to be born in a family of cricketers?
My father (former Ranji player Arvind Pujara), who has coached me since I was a child, has been a huge inspiration. He used to coach young players every day including Sundays.

Your biggest extravagance...
I like the idea of a staying in a well-appointed home. I also love gadgets. I have owned a BlackBerry phone and an iPad in the past and am waiting to buy the new iPhone.

Your favourite travel destination.
Cape Town in South Africa. It has the unbeatable combination of balmy weather, mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Also, Capetonians are sporty people who love the outdoors.

Your favourite Bollywood actor.
Amitabh Bachchan has been my favourite ever since I watched Sholay as a child.

What can you live in?
Jeans and T-shirts. I own close to 10 pairs of denims.

The last line of your autobiography would read...
Trust in God and be honest…

What makes your day?
A good workout and saying my prayers are an ideal beginning to my day. Also, listening to Lata Mangeshkar, particularly her bhajan O Palan Hare. It also happens to be my caller tune.

What ruins it?
If I get out early on the field. No batsman likes getting out.

Your mantra for success?
I train hard and keep a positive outlook.

You have less than a minute to pack, what do you take?
My wallet, phone and credit card.

The car you drive?
Fiat Linea.

YOUR FAVOURITE HOLLYWOOD STAR?
Johnny Depp in the Pirates of the Caribbean series

SCHOOL AND COLLEGE
Lal Bahadur Shastri Vidyalaya, Virani High School and RM Chhaya High School, Rajkot. Doing a BBA by correspondence

FIRST BREAK
Back in 2006, when I won the Man of the Series honour after scoring close to 350 runs in the under-19 World Cup

LOW POINT OF YOUR LIFE
Losing my mother at the age of 17. It was really heartbreaking

HIGH POINT OF YOUR LIFE
My first unbeaten double century, against England last week

CURRENTLY DOING
Playing at No.3 for India in the Test series against England

HOMETOWN
Rajkot, Gujarat

BIRTHDAY
January 25

SUN SIGN
Aquarius






No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive