Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Railway helpline proves helpful yet again, man gets back Rs.2.5L

Railway helpline proves helpful yet again, man gets back Rs.2.5L

The railway police helpline helped a labour contractor retrieve his bag containing Rs2.5 lakh in cash on Monday afternoon after he forgot it on a train at Badlapur railway station. The government railway police (GRP) found the bag at Dombivli station within 25 minutes of him reporting the incident.
“I was going to Neral near Karjat to distribute the cash among my labourers working at a construction site there and accidentally boarded a Badlapur-bound train at Dombivli. I realised it only after I reached Badlapur and when I alighted around 12.03pm I forgot to take my bag which was kept on the overhead rack,” said Arvind Patel, a resident of Dombivli.
After a few minutes when he realised that he had forgotten the bag, the train had already left for CST. He immediately called on the railway helpline number (9833331111) and told officials how he lost the black cotton bag which contained Rs2.5 lakh in cash and a lunch box.
He, however, couldn’t exactly remember which compartment he was travelling in.
On receiving the complaint, helpline personnel asked all GRP officials between Badlapur and Thane to check all compartments of the CST-bound slow train.
GRP officials found the bag at Dombivli station around 12.35pm in a second class compartment, said a GRP officer.
GRP personnel later informed Patel and handed over the bag after verification.
“I am thankful to GRP personnel. I got my bag because of their sincere and immediate efforts,” said Patel.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Categories

Blog Archive